My name is Deanna and I am currently a senior in high school. I have a fiery passion for creative writing and love creating my own pieces! With most of my time dedicated to school, I haven't really had downtime to start up my writing hobby. With My Write on Life, I want to accomplish creating interesting content while learning how to grow in my passion. Whether the posts are short stories, reviews on products, movie/book reviews, or updates on how my life is going, I hope to practice and better my writing techniques.
While I love creative writing, I love, love, love journalism! More specifically, I enjoy investigative journalism. I like to read or listen to journalists' who create content from cold cases and investigate crimes. I have always been fascinated with journalism because you can express your voice in a variety of ways.
- Listening to investigative journalism podcasts
- Baking pies, cookies, and other sweet treats
- Knitting hats and scarfs for people
- Staying in shape and eating healthy for my swim season
- Reading books and creative writing
- Lifeguarding/ Babysitting
- Summer swim team/ high school swim team
- Listening to music and watching Netflix
- Playing my ukulele/guitar
- Taking polaroids
- Barbecuing with family/ hiking with family
- Organization for school (and life in general)
- Learning how to improve my writing
Plans for the Future
Aside from my hobbies and interests, I am academically driven to go to Seattle University for college and major in journalism and minor in Spanish. While in college, I will be working and hopefully have an internship in the journalism field. Life is very unpredictable, but with My Write on Life, I will be able to publish my creative work throughout my years of growth.
"Be somebody who makes everybody feel like a somebody" - unknown